Pittsburgh Grand Prix- Morgan Carnage

To: "Morgans@Autox.Team.Net" <Morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Pittsburgh Grand Prix- Morgan Carnage
From: "Ernest(Chip) Brown" <ebrown@ms.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 09:37:23 -0400
A high woe rate for the Pittsburgh Morgans, but only pride was injured,
thank goodness. Pete Olson's trike hit a water barrier on the left front
when his steering failed (not sure why yet). Bill Lightfoot's '59 Plus 4
was damaged when another driver drove into his left front, and I took
out a hay bale in a chicane when my brakes faded ('57 Plus 4. Drum
brakes.) Bent my new reinforced subframe. Mike Virr's hydraulic clutch
(59 4/4)went away, but came back with fresh fluid, and Curt
_______________ (I never was much good with names) had a radiator hose
disintegrate.

Meanwhile, Fred Sisson's ground-hugging trike (Ford engined, I'm not
much good with Morgan nomenclature, either..) drove like a dream, and
Carl Shriver's late 30's 4/4 did the same. I think I got pictures of
both. We had a great Morgan driver's dinner with 14 people, including a
number of guys who knew a lot about the cars but hadn't met before. A
great dinner, lots of good conversation, much of it about anything but
Morgan cars, but there was plenty of that as well.  Keep in mind that
the states represented here, in a minor miracle of internet communion,
included Georgia, Delaware, Connecticut, and Maryland.

All the best to all of you-Chip Brown