Re: Racing Morgans

To: graeme@xara.com, morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Racing Morgans
From: DGreimel@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 05:43:57 EDT
Graeme,
The modification of the subframe on TOK258 consisted of installing a longer
lower crosstube in order to induce negative camber.  This was not done to
production cars.  I owned and raced two SS cars and acomplished the same
modification to them.  Presently I am preping a `66 4/4 for vintage racing.
There is a much easier way to decamber these cars and an article on the
subject can be found a the GoMoG site
http://angelfire.com/mi/GoMoG/allmorgan5.html   along with a lot of other
useful information.  The half shaft problem comes from using a limited slip
or locked differential.  I had to have some Cadillac axles machined to fit.
Proper heat treating of the originals would probably suffice but mine had
already twisted. Be aware that conversion to tube shocks is not legal in SVRA
and possibly other vintage groups.  I wish it was.
Can`t help with the TVR stuff.  Never owned one and don`t want to.  They are
butt ugly!
Don