Re: Any Mailing List Members Use ICQ?

To: <LSelz@aol.com>, <morgans@autox.team.net>, <mcrossan@netcom.ca>
From: "F Kuzyk" <fkuzyk@cgocable.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 09:11:02 -0400
I have similar experience & feelings about ICQ & IM. ICQ also caused some
compatibility problems with my set-up at the time. My friend in Bermuda  & I
both chucked it. ICQ is a 4.1 Meg program. Pow Wow has some interesting
conference capability. It's a 3.5 Meg program. I suppose everyone on this
list could purchase Net Meeting or Conference. That would allow "white
boards" & video links, so you could see the face behind the keyboard.

An alternative is the free services offered by Excite & others. Members of
the Morgan International Community can also receive a toll free number in
the US for free voice mail messages & faxes. Yes, there are banner ads at
such sites, but there are commercials on television - unless you exclusively
watch PBS. And even PBS has those annoying membership drives!

Cheers,
Fred Kuzyk

Morgan Sports Cars International web community
http://mycomm.excite.com/mycomm/browse.asp?cid=.4g3TS2kkNzU
Where the membership is free and anyone in the world can post photos, links,
event dates, articles, discussion, files,
& meet for real-time chat on Morgans!

My Morgan Sports Car Club of Canada site:
http://members.xoom.com/msccc/