Fenders

To: "morgans@autox.team.net" <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fenders
From: Ed Herman <edherman@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 11:12:10 -0400
 I think if you look back at roadster, even those that came before
Morgans, you'll see the development of the wing shape fenders.  Motional
Memories has a photo of a 1903 De Dion Bouton posted on the site.  That
car has the early form of the wing fenders.  Look at the image of the
1913 Morgan posted there, I thing you'll see that the wing fender were
the shape of the times.
    You can also see the roadster like the 1910 Rolls, and Cadillac have
the wing shape.   Early Bentley racing car have the same design. It was
clearly a design that was functional give the production methods of the
turn of the century.
    Remember that the British regulation on head light high was
responsible for the change from the style of the Flat Rad Mog to the
style we all love today.
    BTW all these cars pre date the MG.  As far as car design the MG has
noting new.  It was design in the pop fashion of the day to promote
sales.  Even the famous MG A is a copy of the earlier Jaguar 120, and
150.  That Jag design was a big hit in its time and MG was one of the
first to fall in line with a similar style.

Ed.