Indicators

Subject: Indicators
From: "Mike Dixon" <mike.dixon@virgin.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 09:25:20 -0000
On my 71 4/4, when I put on the RH indicator, the RH side light flashes

I have isolated the problem to an earthing one - I think!  If I put a test
bulb between the chrome indicator light fitting to the bumper, the side
light continues to flash but so does the test bulb - indicator still not
flashing.  Note that earth is normally by earth wire from indicator fitting
back into loom.

If I earth the chromed light fitting by holding fitting directly against the
front bumper all is well - indicator light flashes but side light does not -
so power is getting through to the light and the fitting and thence to the
earth - is my problem down to the quality of the earth?  If so how do I
improve on the exisitng earth - I have tried some light abrading but no
luck.

Any ideas??

Thanks

Mike Dixon