Re: PT revisited

To: vandergraaft@aecl.ca
Subject: Re: PT revisited
From: CHarris990@aol.com
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 21:42:35 EST
vandergraaft@aecl.ca writes:

<< Having lived on both sides of the "pond" and on both sides of this
 continent, I agree with you that many Westerners cherish the wide open
 spaces and the associated "free spirit".  I, too, feel that I "breathe
 easier" West of the "mighty Mississippi."  However, this freedom may not
 come cheap.  Some can navigate these open spaces on a biomass fueled,
 environmentally friendly horse (dangerous on both ends and uncomfortable in
 the middle, as some wag has said).  Most cannot do so and need to dip into
 the oil barrel. "Free market" is a pipe dream.  It has to be governed by
 something, be it government, compassion, or greed, so pick your poison!   As
 for critters to cut the grass, the deer around here prefer the tulips,
 daffodils, and whatever else we grow other than grass.

    Chuck Vandergraaf
    Pinawa, MB >>
Actualy, if it were not for the BATF in thie US, there is a simple answere
and that is that if you bore out your jets by an aditional 20% then you can
run on fuel alcohol.  In the '73 shortages Lolipop Energy put it all
togeather.  Since in the Mid-West every year there is never enough rail cars,
so each town has storage problems.  By using solar stills you manufacture
your fuel.  The problem is that if you are just doing batch stills you still
have to be liscened by the government.  Keep in mind that the origional modle
T was to use alcohol fuel.  Just thinking.
Harris