Re: body work

To: CHarris990@aol.com
Subject: Re: body work
From: "Ernest(Chip) Brown" <Chip.Brown@msdw.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 10:22:08 -0500
For all those poor unelightened souls outside of the New York area,
"schlep" is a Yiddish word which means to bring, carry, drag
unwillingly, or so I've been told by those more schooled in these
matters than I. Widely used in New York.. Think of a travois (I bet you
know what THAT is, CHarris, old thing) with you attached to a tump line
(ditto) providing the motive power, SCHLEPPING a load of seal blubber or
Morgania across the barren wastes back to your abode. English is an
eclectic language, or at least it can be. And Morgan owners are an
eclectic lot, or can be.

PS, you don't have to be Jewish to 'schlep'. Nor to be from NY.

Chip Brown