Re: Rubber Cup for Rearview mirror

To: Blair John <jblair@exis.net>,
Subject: Re: Rubber Cup for Rearview mirror
From: Bob Nogueira <nogera@prodigy.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2000 01:13:19 -0500
-- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #3.1a ] --

John;
The secret to the suction cup mirror is to use glycerin instead of saliva .
I keep an  eyedropper bottle with some in it and it  has, in the past, held
the mirror on for  months with out falling off.
I like the  suction cup because it allows me to place the mirror high when I
have a suitcase on the luggage rack ( blocks  the view if its low) . If I
fold the windscreen down I can remove the mirror and  finally,  the number
one reason I like suction cups,  " If  suction cups are good enough  for my
defrosters  they're good enough for my mirror".

Bob Nogueira   - who wonders if the AREO 8 has an automatic  or
                              power suction cup licker ?

----- REPLY, Original message follows --------

> Date: Thursday, 30-Mar-00 11:24 PM
>
> From: Blair John               \ Internet:    (jblair@exis.net)
> To:   MORGANS                  \ Internet:    (morgans@autox.team.net)
>
> Subject: Re: Rubber Cup for Rearview mirror
>
> At 10:00 PM 3/30/00 -0500, Bob Nogueira wrote:
> >-- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #3.1a ] --
> >
> >Does anyone know if the  rubber suction cup for the Plus 4 rear view
mirror
> >is available ?
>
> Bob,
>
>   Why on earth would you want one of those things.  I never had any luck
> keeping the suction cup mirrors in place.  They kept falling off.  I
finally
> decided to get a standard glue on rear view mirror and installed that.
The