punctures in Texas

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: punctures in Texas
From: hofmogtx@excite.com
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 18:17:39 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Steve, Am enjoying reading the responses to your query...to tube or not
to tube.  I'm getting some good info from the listers , aren't you?  I
didn't realize one could go tubeless with spokes!  Hummmm....  learning,
learning,  always learning!                   Do you think you have ridges
inside your tyres, and that's why the punctures????  I had my tyres and
tubes swathed with talc and  installed  at NTB on 59 at Kirkwood..and so
far, so good. (They have a guy there who knows how to do it.)
Confidentially, I've always suspected Scarlette's shiny chrome rims as being
the culprits.  I guess there's no way to know how old they are or if they're
warped at all. It just stands to reason that  something is IN there chewing
up your tubes. If I were you, I'd seriously think of going on the wild
side...tubeless....!! There seems to be some experience and good comments
about that from the listers.                             Ah!  Tubeless in
Texas!  You could start something kind of  naughty!
    Cheers, Kathi
'Morgana'  '66   4/4