Re: a question for you

To: <RHT56@aol.com>, <Jhalfdime@aol.com>, <hofmogtx@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: a question for you
From: "Stuart J. Ross" <stuross@nac.net>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 08:08:44 -0400
This "Flying Lady" is a nick name for the statue. It is also used as the
name of the national RROC newsletter. There are some  Rolls Royce cars that
have a kneeling woman rather than a flying lady on the hood. One version of
why this is used is that in Arab countries, men didn't want to have a woman
standing in front of them, so RR created the kneeling version. I don't know
if this is a true reason, but it is one that was told to me at a Rolls
convention.
Stu Ross - VP Atlantic Region RROC
63 +4 (MOPS & 3/4 Morgan clubs)