Bonnet catch, etc.

To: Morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Bonnet catch, etc.
From: Elton & Jane Wright <delicate@rev.net>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 20:22:28 -0400
Hi Gang,

The new "works" sewn interior is nearly installed and the chrome/stainless
wire wheels are on order.  We have bought a new home and it is still up in
the air as to whether we will have to move before the car is on the road,
or have it towed.  I think it will move under its' own steam whatever the
cosmetic condition.  While installing my new bonnet knobs and trim plates,
I remembered that one of the latches had its slider portion that was home
made.  The problem with the home made one is that the threads on the new
knob are different (Whit, BS ?).  Does anyone out there have a sliding
portion that they would separate from their valuable goldmine of spares.  I
have a spare outside, but not a slider.  I would be willing to purchase or
trade something of value for it.  Please let me know this week if possible,
or I will have to buy a set or rethread my new knob which I don't want to
do.  Thanks to all of you for the bandwidth.  Please contact me off line or
call at 540-389-6573 during the evenings, or at 540-389-7296 during the day.

Elton Wright
Salem, Virginia

Elton & Jane Wright
Salem, Virginia, USA            delicate@rev.net
1967 Morgan Plus Four Tourer    1954 Morris Minor
1973 Land Rover 109 Regular w/Pickup cab
...moving soon to a larger garage and parking area...