More on F type

To: mogman@rpa.net, morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: More on F type
From: EPaul21988@aol.com
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 15:11:09 EDT
I got to rooting around in  the Bulletin, publication of The Morgan Three
Wheeler Club and found the following information about production.  Thought
it might be of some interest:

Post War a total of 36 F Types were exported from 1946 up to 1952 when
production of that model ceased.  of the 36 a total of 20 were the F4 model
and the balace F Supers.  1 F4 went to America, that was it.

According to an article by Jake Alderson, Club archivist there were probably
a total of 592 F Types produced before the War starting in 1933 , most of
them were F4's.  Brian Clutterbuck  chairman of TMTWC, related to me that
there might have been less than 200 F2's produced between, I believe, 1935
and  1937 or 38 when it was superseded by the F Super Sports.

After the war cars were numbered starting at F600 and ended at F1301, but
many of the numbers were apparently issued by the factory upon an inquiry for
a sale but the vehicles were never actually built.  Alderson estimates that a
total of 835 F Types of all four variants, F4, F2, F Super Sports and F Super
were actually built between  1933 and the end of production in 1952.

How many are left?  A note from Clarrie Coombes reveals he has 550 F Types in
his personal database which he has maintained over the past 30 or so odd
years.  80 on his list are F2's, but he cannot be certain that all the cars
are still around.

Clarrie also indicates that he has a total of 2500 records of all models of
Morgan Three Wheelers  in his data base.

TMTWC does have a new Web Site at
www.mtwc.co.uk

and is producing a CD ROM containing all back issues of the Bulletin.

Bob Paul
36 F2 Morgan Three Wheeler