500 mile round trip

To: "Morgan List" <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: 500 mile round trip
From: "Ross Jones" <rossjones@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 00:02:36 -0400
Took a beautiful 500 mile round trip Saturday from Lancaster, Pa. to
Williamsport, Pa. A beautiful drive up US 11/15 beside the river, to arrive
in the wonderful town of Williamsport. My only reason for the trip was to
install a net card that had failed (five minutes at the most) but, as usual
in Billtown, it began to rain cats and dogs. Luckily, my client was a
forklift dealer with a large garage. I pulled my 4/4 inside, and within 30
min. the rain was gone and everything was dry as a bone. Another lucky
factor was my client had an LP gas dispenser, so I filled up my Isis 4/4 for
free.

Wonderful drive up and down the Susquenna River. Longest trip I have ever
taken in my MOG since buying it last March. When I returned, I had to spend
a full day cleaning the bugs from the windscreen, bonnets, and radiator.

Overall, a wonderful experience. Nothing like scooting up 11/15, with the
river to your right, and seeing the beautiful mountains and fog, etc. And
Williamsport itself is a gem. Once the "lumber barons" town, it saw some
rough times in the sixties, but is now back to it's full glory. I took a pal
up to help me with a LAN job, and he commented how Williamsport was much
like Hawaii, where he once lived. It is in a valley beneath enormous
mountains, and reminds one of America in the 1950's. Very isolated, and the
people are very friendly, although somewhat "behind the times". I would move
there in a minute.

I have been going up there for the past five weeks in my Dodge Stealth,
taking my wife along, and we had a great time at the old great hotels up
there. She will not drive that far in the Morgan. Found a great spot in the
middle of town named the "Bullfrog Brewery". This is a "microbrewery" that
makes about 15 different types of beer/ale that are outstanding. You can't
buy any to take home except a jug, which is only good for the night. And how
can you drive Rte. 11/15 drinking a beer and driving a Morgan? I cannot even
light up a cig, so driving my MOG is helping cut my smoking habit.

Altogether having a fantastic second summer with my 4/4. My arms, especially
the forearms, were particularly sore after the Billtown trip, plus my left
leg had a sore in the thigh from the clutch. I am just not in shape, but the
experience is wonderful. Now that I have this exclusive deal doing LAN work
for a large forklift company, getting LP gas for my car is no problem. And
the 4/4 is fast enough for me. I have my old Dodge Stealth if I want to
speed about. The Morgan is not about that, as far as I am concerned.

Still less than 12,000 miles on Marita, but I doubled the mileage of 12
years in one year.

I am too lucky... no problems and tons of fun! Buy a Morgan now and forever!