Re: coolant recovery, Plus 4

To: "Colin Cobb" <cobmeister@zianet.com>, <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: coolant recovery, Plus 4
From: "Jeff S.Smith" <smithmog@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 16:18:25 -0000
Colin-I added an overflow tank to my 4/4 1600 about 10 years ago; it
consisted of an aftermarket translucent plastic tank with a plastic cap, and
a length of hose. I mounted mine with a rubber bungee cord in front of the
tool box near the center of the car, and ran the hose along the center
strut/rod/thing secured with tie-wraps. Not elegant, but works swell, and
easy to empty and clean as needed.Make certain you have a proper deep-reach
radiator cap of not more than 7 lbs. If you REALLY want to get fancy, old
Volvos had a very cool metal overflow tank that you could secure to the side
valence or firewall. I just haven't found one in a junkyard yet. Anyway, I
was in Pep Boys recently and you can still get a plastic tank for about $8.
Won't impress the judges at Pebble Beach, but will keep the Prestone where
it belongs.
        -Jeff Smith
        1968 4/4 1600

///