Formula 1 Grand Prix de Monaco

To: "'morgans@autox.team.net'" <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Formula 1 Grand Prix de Monaco
From: "Braunstein, Mark" <mark.braunstein@lmco.com>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 12:39:02 -0400
Just got back from a two week float in the Mediterranean which included
spending a day in Monte Carlo.  There was a sort of pre race buzz throughout
the town with the racing only days away. This past weekend was the vintage
grand prix (looked for coverage or even mention but saw none) and the F1
race on the 27th, I think Speedvision has it live on Sunday (0730).  The
race preparation was clearly evident with the grandstands, the tire barriers
and guard rails installed all over the course route.  The pits looked
suprisingly small, though, kind of like an elongated single car garage.  One
thing I noticed was on one set of guard rails by the marina, the starting
grids of about the last 5 races were written into the back, where I suppose
some avid fans stood.  The names of certain drivers/cars were x'ed out in
some cases which I assume meant that the driver/car dropped out of the race
at some point.  High numbers of Ferrari's were about, seemingly cruising the
race course in packs.   I did see one Lotus Super 7 (or repro).  No Morgans
anywhere.  Anyway it was sort of a reconnaissance visit for that race I plan
to attend in the future.  (This is on the gotta do before I die list.)

///
///