Morgan is featured marque at S.P

To: <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Morgan is featured marque at S.P
From: "Kerry Seibert" <ckchapel@fast.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 17:29:21 -0400
Mogfolk -
I have just learned that Morgan is to be the featured marque at the upcoming
vintage races at Summit Point  October 4-7. This is an SVRA sanctioned
event.  Summit Point is a 2.2 mile circuit featuring a number of interesting
corners and elevation changes.  The circuit offers many excellent (and close
to the track) spectator areas and is blessed with more than its share of
trees for shady spectator and pit areas.  It's an "old-fashion/traditional"
track with a long history of sports car and Morgan history.  There is
usually a sportscar show, antique farm tractor show, and civil war
encampment going on!  If you want to make a longer weekend out of it, there
are countless civil war (or depending on your heritage, the war between the
states) battlefields close by as is the historic town of Harper's Ferry.
There are plenty of nice B&Bs and good restaurants and historic taverns. The
weather is usually Morgan agreeable, ie cool.

For the Morgan racer, there will be plenty of track time.  In addition to
running in your normal group, you have the opportunity to run in an enduro,
AND there will be an All Morgan race, probably on the Sunday.

For the Morgan spectator, I'm sure there will be a Morgan parking paddock
and we would sure appreciate the support of all you lunatics hanging on the
fences, cheering on the Morgans and booing the Porsches . . . . . . . . And
should we need spares . . . . . . .we would have plenty of spectator cars to
pilfer from . . . . . . .

So, Mogracers, three wheels or four, let's pick up the pace on that repair
or service and make plans to race or support the event.

Details to follow as received but for now, check out www.SVRA.com.  Go to
events and then Blue/Grey Challenge.  In the lower RH corner you may even
see the "Duff  Morgan Racing" +8  (BIG smile and chest proudly thrust out .

Cheers, Craig Seibert     1961 4/4    1968 +8   car no. 611     "Duff Morgan
Racing"

///
///