MINNESOTA MORGAN FOR SALE

To: <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: MINNESOTA MORGAN FOR SALE
From: "Lloyd & Mary Shields" <ljmlshields@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 17:05:31 -0500
If anyone is interested in this Morgan, please e-mail me and I will forward
your message on to the owner of this car or you can call him direct.

Regards,

Lloyd Shields
MN Morgan Club
67 Morgan+4

MORGAN MEMBER TO SELL HIS 1967 MORGAN 4/4 SERIES 5 COMPETITION MODEL
Details are as follows:

1967 Morgan 4/4, Series 5, Competition Model (Chassis Number B1389).  My
understanding is that this car is one of 286 made. I am the third owner, and
I have owned it since 1980. It has 52,028 miles and is a wonderful example
of an original Morgan. As a Competition Model, it has a Cortina 116E GT
engine which provides 5 main bearings rather  than three as well as a 9 to 1
compression ratio. Combined with a Cortina GT close ration gearbox, and a
Weber DCD 22 carburetor, the Competition Model provides significantly better
performance than the standard 4/4 Series 5 (0-60 in 11.9 seconds and top
speed of 95 mph).  An oil cooler and Super Sport bucket seats are also
included with the Competition Model. Some enhancements that have been made
to this particular car include:

1. High performance Mallory distributor and ignition coil (original
distributor is available).

2. Top engine overhaul, new clutch and paint completed by Don Simpkins of
MorganFab in 1984 (approximately 6,000 miles ago!). It didnt really need
any of this at the time, but I opted to have the work done by Don at his
shop in Georgia  while I lived in Europe for  three years.

3. Original DCD 22 Weber Carb was updated to a newer model due to difficulty
in finding rebuild kits/parts (original carb is available). The newer model
was also slightly lower in profile which enabled me to add an air filter and
still clear the bonnet (heres a chance to own a Morgan that has actually
been run with an air filter!)

4. Adjustable SPAX gas shocks on rear (conversion kit from Melvyn Rutter
Ltd). Original Armstrong shocks are available.

5. Painted wire wheels were completely rebuilt by Dayton Wire Wheel this
year. Brand new Vredestein tires have less than 100 miles on them.

6. Numerous miscellaneous parts and components are available to include
brake shoes, parts to rebuild front end (just in case - never had to use
them!), rebuild kit for side curtains, louvered cast aluminum valve cover,
etc.

Asking price is $17,000.  Contact Ted Poucher at 763-377-4968.

///
///