morris

Re: MORRIS OXFORD INFO WANTED!

To: morris@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MORRIS OXFORD INFO WANTED!
From: Robert Greenfield <monster@caverock.net.nz>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 22:38:18 +1300
In message <v01520d00b890524bdeb2@[207.211.63.81]> you wrote:

> This came in from a friend in the hobby - Can anyone help - I think that it
> is an early 1950s Morris Oxford series MO 1500cc flathead with a column
> shifter that so fragile that it feels like it is made out of pencils!
>
> Can anyone out there refute or enlighten????

If it is a MO Oxford (and it sounds like it is) then get in touch with
the MO & 6/80 club. They could tell you what year it is pretty
accurately.
The only puzzling thing from your description is the 'bullnose' bit.
Only the very early (c.1920s) Oxfords/Cowleys had this.

There is a link to the MO & 6/80 website on my site, but it's been ages
since I did any work on it, so no guarantees of it working...

http://homepages.caverock.net.nz/~monster/

Hope this info is of some use.
--
Robert Greenfield