morris

SU Pump vapor lock

To: morris@autox.team.net
Subject: SU Pump vapor lock
From: Kevin Wayne Williams <kww@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 16:59:49 -0700
Any solution to this besides throwing the pump away? I thought I had all my
SU problems fixed, but it has started to vapor lock on me whenever the
ambient temperature gets into the 90s. It's in a pickup with metal fuel
lines. I have the exhaust routed outside the frame rails and the fuel line
routed in-between, so I shouldn't be getting a lot of heat pickup from the
exhaust to the line. Pouring cool water on the base of the pump clears the
lock, and putting a bag of ice on top of the pump works for short trips,
but I don't think my daily commute (15 miles each way) would be very
reliable that way.

KWW