morris

Re: 1500cc Transplant?

To: "William Langdell" <w.langdell@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: 1500cc Transplant?
From: Gerard Chateauvieux <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 20:58:53 -0700
Bill,

I'm sure it could be done, but it's a VERY poor choice. It would
require more modifications than it's worth and a Datsun engine and
trans would be a MUCH better alternative as it's a better drive train
and all the mounting hardware is readily available. The other choice
would require starting from scratch with modifications. Your better,
easier, bolt-in option is to stick with an A-Series, i.e. 1275 and
either a good ribcase box or a Datsun 5 speed conversion. If you want
to swap out a 948 or 1098, I have both available for rebuild. I
thought you had a 1275 engine already though?

Gerard