morris

Re: [Morris] 1958 Morris Isis w/28K miles for sale - not running -

To: morris@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Morris] 1958 Morris Isis w/28K miles for sale - not running -
From: Robert Greenfield <monster@caverock.net.nz>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2010 23:04:57 +1300
On 05 Apr, <rfeibusch1@earthlink.net> wrote:
> submitted by John Voelcker <johnvoelcker@yahoo.com>

> Hey Gang.

> Here is a rare one that should not be hard to get up and running - Very
> rare in the US - this one is in Canada.

Ohhh! An Isis!
Apart from my '58 Isis and Andrew 'Axeman' Pursey in Australia (a '55
Isis), this is the first Isis I recall seeing in morris@autox.team.net
Certainly rare worldwide from what I can gather. There were only 3,600
made in the first place.

> Kind of a British Buick - fun
> for the whole family

They are fun for all the family :-)
One 12 year old, and 2 car seats with a 22 month old and a 3.5 year old
fit into the back seat and can fit 3 across the front bench seat. My two
youngest ones love the Isis.

>- uses the same engine as an Austin Healey
> 100/six......

Yes indeed. Even with the standard cylinder head and 2639cc they can go
quite well. My Isis has Austin-Healey pistons, twin 1.5" SUs from a
Wolseley 6/99, electronic ignition and a slightly warm camshaft and goes
well enough to antagonise modern traffic if they deserve it.
Diesel people shifters going up hills belching black smoke struggling to
keep up so they can overtake. They deserve it ;-)

Pity it is an automatic - the 4 speed floor change with gearlever between
driver's door and seat is a bit different!
I see that spare manual gearboxes (most probably 3-speed with overdrive)
are included along with a 3-litre twin SU engine from a '59 Westminster.

28,002 miles. Unbelieveably low! Unless something is wrong, the power
train and steering box/linkages etc. should be in excellent order.

There is a club for these cars: the UK based Morris Oxford, Cowley and
Isis club. They're very helpful, have a great magazine and hopefully a
working website soon. I can supply an email contact for the club.

regards,
--
Robert Greenfield
In NZ.

<details below>

2.6 litre, ohv 6 cylinder engine, Borg Warner automatic

Owned since 1994, previously same owner 35 years. 28,002 documented
miles. Not running. Stored inside. Complete.
Body solid, with a few dents and minor surface rust. Paint faded.
Interior tatty.

Also included is the complete power train from a '59 Austin Westminster
(manual trans, ran well), plus two spare gearboxes, two cyl. heads and
some other spares. Need the storage space. $2500 for everything.

--
Robert Greenfield

via RISC OS
<monster@caverock.net.nz>  -  http://www.webmonster.co.nz/