morris

[Morris] Fwd: Jim Van Hoven

To: "morris@autox.team.net Minor" <morris@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Morris] Fwd: Jim Van Hoven
From: Paul Van Wig <pvanwig@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 17:37:27 -0700
 I am sorry to report that Jim Van Hoven passed away on April 17th He was
hospitalized and his oldest daughter and one of his granddaughters were with
him. I know he will be missed by many people in and outside of the Morris
Minor community. Please forward this on to others who knew Jim (Russ Brownell
or Rick Feibusch for example).

His services will take place Friday, April 26 at 1:00 PM, at Green Hills
Memorial Park in Rancho Palos Verdes, CA.

Regards,
 Al Castillon

Jim was the Los Angles area rep of the Morris Owners Association of California
When I got involved with the club in the mid 70's. His 67 green van was under
going a motor rebuild so it had a tired 948 with the 422 pumpkin and the extra
weight of the van making it  very slow. So he lead the tours. with me in my
very hot 1293 60 coupe of many  colors usually bring up the rear.
I found the club by accident when I drove by Norm Pabst's open garage one day.
I had had my Minor for several years already. And my 65 Sprite since 75?
We had about 80 members in the chapter after the Santa Barbara & San
Bernardino chapters split off.

Paul Van Wig
Big Bear/Long Beach, CA
pvanwigatmacdotcom
facebook.com/pvanwig

You Can't stay young forever.
But you can be immature for the rest of your life!

1959 Nash Metropolitan "Tiffany" (the wife's fun ride)
1968 Morris Minor Woody RHD "Thomas"
1960 Bug Eye (awaiting restoration)

1980 CJ7 Lives @ 7440'
2012 Turbo Diesel Ram 2500 4X4
2003 Toyota 4Runner (the wife's Mountain car)
2012 Cadillac SRX 3.6 (the wife's work ride)

1958 Minor-wrecked
1960 Minor Woody (for sale soon)
1965 Midget-parts
1981 Datsun 210 1500 w/ 5 speed