newsletters

I say "Potato" and you say "Pah-tah-to"

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, newsletters@autox.team.net,
Subject: I say "Potato" and you say "Pah-tah-to"
From: KHoward313@aol.com
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 1996 22:47:50 -0500
Hello all,
     Egads there are a lot of you out there.  Within 24 hours of posting my
message this past Friday morning I had fifty responses.  I certainly was in
the dark on different automobile/motorcar terms which are different in
American and British.  There were hundreds of words and thanks to all of you,
many sources where differences were listed.  I did a quick compilation which
I added to a cut-away drawing of a TR4A and put it in our newsletter which I
mailed yesterday.
     I plan to refine the list over the next few days and then send it out to
everyone on the above listed chat groups.  If you would like a copy of the
picture on 11" x 17" paper, suitable for framing, just send $19.95 to . . .
just kidding!  If you do want a copy, though, of the finished product just
send me a postage paid, preaddressed envelope and I'll send you a folded
copy.  Send your envelope to:

Kent D. Howard
W330 S3435 Bryn Mawr Road
Dousman, WI  53118  USA

If you are a Triumph newsletter editor and I have been sending you copies of
our newsletter I'll send you a copy with our December newsletter.

Thanks for everyone who helped me with this one!

Kent D. Howard
'65 TR4A (Original Owner)
Editor, Coventry Commentator, Vintage Triumphs of Wisconsin