newsletters

A little off-topic

To: newsletters@autox.team.net
Subject: A little off-topic
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 12:32:11 -0700
  Sorry for being off-topic but I don't know where else to ask.  Our club
wants to do a windshield decal for some car shows this year.  The problem
is that so far all I have been able to find is people who want to do
hundreds of decals and we only want to do like 15 or 20.  Its a small car
club and we don't get many cars to our meets.  I thought of doing the few
hundred required and making them generic, like no years, location, etc. but
I don't like that.

  So I though, gee I have a computer and printer why can't I print that 20
or so decals.  But I have not found any source for the material or
software.  I have several label and/or sticker printing packages and they
would do it (I think) if I could find the decal material to print to.

   As anybody seen this stuff ? you know the clear little squares that you
peel and put on the INSIDE of the windshield.  A sticker won't work since
it goes on the outside.  Of course I also don't know how I would print
that, you can't take off the protective shield and print :)  A friend said
he saw them where you printed on a clear film and then put on a double
sticky sided sheet on the top.  Then you cut it to fit and you were done
but I can't find that anywhere and of course he can't remember where he saw it.

        mike

~~~~~ I'd rather be sailing and  ~~~ .oooO  Oooo.  ~~~~~~~~~~~
Mike Rambour                                   (    )  (     )
Bug Writer er...Programmer                \   )   (   /
      mikey@b2systems.com                  \_)  (_/
If you want to learn more about the ULTIMATE BRITISH sports car,
then take a look at   http://www.singercars.com/