Re: [Nobbc] berryessa ride-dont 4-get..............

To: North Bay British Car Club <nobbc@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Nobbc] berryessa ride-dont 4-get..............
From: "G. Mugele" <mewgull@sonic.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 10:54:59 -0700
Hi All,

I believe that this is no longer a simple fixit ticket.  I read a
couple years ago that it was a fixit with a mandatory $80 'processing'
fee included.  San Francisco seems to be the jurisdiction most rabid
about this 'violation' and it's the meter maids issuing most of the
tickets.  I think there is something in the DMV regs about successive
violations incurring increasing financial penalties.  The obvious
conclusion is that this has very little (Nothing!) to do with safety
and everything to do with revenue enhancement.

Gerry Mugele

On Sep 25, 2008, at 9:19 AM, Ron Engelhardt wrote:

> Thanks for the link Greg. I went ahead and signed the petition and
> urge
> all members to do the same. I think I have gotten 3 or 4 tickets for
> no
> front plate over the years I've owned the car (including the one from
> the mass ticketing by Sgt. Stanley aka rat bastard in Napa). They are
> "fixit" type tickets but still rankle. My car has never had a front
> plate and has no mounting location for one. I hope you can make the
> ride
> or at least come to the meet

G. Mugele
mewgull@mugele.net

*** The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation
with the average voter."  Winston Churchill