Re: [Nobbc] Abnormally high oil pressure

To: "'North Bay British Car Club'" <nobbc@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Nobbc] Abnormally high oil pressure
From: "andy preston" <andypreston@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 12:14:08 -0700
Hi Greg, I don't have any knowledge of the Aceca (Bristol) in line 6, but I
assume that there must be an oil pressure relief valve in the oil system
somewhere.  There's one in the MGB engine to prevent too high oil pressure.
Perhaps the one on the Aceca is blocked or clogged, that's the only thing I
can think of.  You could try changing the oil with a low viscosity oil like
5/20 and see if that might clear it.  Are there any AC bulletin boards out
there that can help you?

Andy
60 MGA Coupe