[NOBBC] Upcoming Drive, and Club Business

To: North Bay British Car Club <nobbc@autox.team.net>, NOBBC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [NOBBC] Upcoming Drive, and Club Business
From: NOBBC <thenobbc@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 08:45:39 -0800
Hello Members,

Taking care of club business today, so this is the second in a few
emails you'll get from me. This is being posted to both our email forum
and the Yahoo Group. If you're on both, you'll get two messages.

First, as John Kenner posted on the Yahoo Group a couple of days ago,
we're probably going to be rained out of our first 2012 drive this
Saturday. Shall we postpone until Sunday, 1/22, or the following
Saturday, 1/28? Let's hear from you.

Second, just a quick membership status report. We currently have 149
people signed up as NOBBC members, of whom 108 are signed up on our old
autox.team.net email forum, and 66 of whom are signed up on the Yahoo
Group. That leaves a substantial number of members who really don't know
what's happening in our club, but I'm not sure what to do about that.
Can't make people join the list or group if they just don't want to, I
suppose.

Third, there still seems to be some confusion with some members about
why we started the Yahoo Group, how it differs from the email forum, and
what features it provides. That will be the subject of my last email,
which will also be stored as a file on the Yahoo Group and automatically
sent to all new subscribers to the group.

Finally, I'd like to solicit ideas from you members about what
activities, routes, destinations, or other events you might like to see
happen for 2012. For example, in years past we have; viewed car
collections, visited a working machine shop, attended technical
sessions, had BBQ parties, visited the Air Museum, and other fun stuff.
Yes, some of you just want to drive and not do other stuff, but we have
a diverse membership, so I am asking you members throw out your best
ideas and we'll see how they float with everyone. Sound good?

Cheers,

Greg Tatarian
NOBBC@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html