Re: [NOBBC] Keeping informed

To: North Bay British Car Club <nobbc@autox.team.net>, NOBBC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [NOBBC] Keeping informed
From: NOBBC <thenobbc@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2014 09:12:21 -0700
Gary,

I have continued to maintain the autox mailing list subscription, but
here have been only a few communications on it in the past year or so.
The autox list is simple, but more limited than most members preferred.
We try to mirror drive notifications to the list, but that is now
largely automated when I put drives or events on the Yahoo group
calendar. Sheryl and Dennis posted additional detail about this drive on
the list, which was good for you, but BTW, you were lucky to catch the
group, as we usually leave the parking lot by 1030.

If you don't want to join the Yahoo group, then keep in mind we have two
drives a month in the spring summer and fall, and one a month in the
winter.

Regarding your communications, the autox mailing list is not a web site,
it's a text-based subscription mailing list. Your communications on that
mailing list do, however, get snatched up by web crawlers just as they
do on the Yahoo group. If you Google Gary Germano NOBBC you will find
several of your communications, including your email address. When you
post to the Yahoo group, it goes only to subscribed members. I moderate
the list, so when new people join, I make sure they are legit, and have
turned away several who obviously were not.

Greg Tatarian
Administrator, Moderator

Sent from my iPad
NOBBC@autox.team.net