Re: [oletrucks] Need advice

To: ace0027@ibm.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Need advice
From: STMSymank@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 01:17:44 EST
Horsepower is an arbitrary rating.  An old engineer showed me for sure.  He
has an old one horse motor with a half inch shaft, and a new two horse with a
half inch shaft.
I can stop the two horse with my gloved hand, and couldn't stop the one horse
to save my soul.

I'm a carpenter and use compressors constantly. I have found that the cfm is
the critical measurement, and for any measure of constant use you must have a
cast iron pump.  Aluminum castings with a cast iron bore may be fine, but I do
not have personal experience with them.  An aluminum pump only lasts me two to
three years before it must run constantly to keep up with the guns. Another
nice feature to look for is that the pump and motor are not integral..I have
got large compressors from a dairy I worked on and they were all three phase
with integral pumps so you couldn't
just swap out the motors.  I also have no personal experience with two stage
compressors, but I think that they pump up pressure and pas the pressurized
air into the next cylinder for further buildup therefore acheiving higher
pressure.Probably not too important.

If you just use a compressor only on the weekends, an aluminum pump might well
last you long enough, but don't go to Sears and think you are getting a power
house
just cause it says 6 horse.
Happy Hunting,
Stan Symank
Newberg ore.
56 napco That just got its dash painted today and is lookin good