RE: [oletrucks] I liked it

To: "'oletrucks@autox.team.net'" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] I liked it
From: sheldon <sheldon@ssmachine.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 09:02:52 -0800

Kevin,

  From what I've heard, there are boxed engines available direct from Chevy for
about $4000.00,
you'll also need the wiring harness and computer. ($1,500.00?) but this system
is PFI and
complete less alternator, and starter.

  Sheldon '56 4x4 napco

Sheldon,
You may want to check out a "vortec" engine in one of the newer GM trucks.
They too are TPI, and put out some substantial hp.  They will also be
cheaper, anything that has to do with a Vette will be EXPENSIVE.  The truck
motor will also have the torque curve coming in at a lower RPM.  Some of
the Vortec motors are nearing 300hp now (some may have reached it), and you
can always put an aftermarket cam and some other performance goodies
(roller cam, gear drive, roller rockers, windage tray, oversized
throttle-body, etc.) that will effect the performance but not reliability.
Good luck with it.

Kevin Lake
56 GMC Suburban/napco

----------
> From: sheldon <sheldon@ssmachine.com>
> To: 'oletrucks@autox.team.net'
> Subject: RE: [oletrucks] I liked it
> Date: Monday, March 22, 1999 12:06 PM
>

>   Cathie,
>
>    Almost all chevy small block engines will "drop" in...one thing to
watch for is the
> front mount bolt holes in the block casting.  I am planning to use a '92
LT1 Corvette engine
> in my '56 4x4, (yup muscle car type!), but not so much for a "go fast"
but the port fuel injection
> and electronic ignition dependability for a daily driver.  As far as
parts sources... keep your ear to