[oletrucks] Emergency brake parts

To: oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Emergency brake parts
From: larry jones <lajones@uswest.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 22:12:30 -0600
Howdy All,
I am still trying to get my 58 GMC NAPCO Suburban/Carryall, AKA Mrs.
Peabody, back on the road. Does anyone know what the emergency brake
hardware that should be attached to the brake shoes looks like? Is it
the same as the Chevys? I have both a Chevy shop manual and a GMC shop
manual and the picture of the 1/2 ton brakes look identical. The cable
housing attaches with a two-bolt fitting on the GMC instead of a push-in
piece on the Chevy. I am missing the lever and the spreader bar that
operates the shoes from the emergency brake cable. Has anyone looked at
their assemblies lately and can you help?  Also, the GMC has a Spicer 45
rear end instead of a corporate on the Chevy.  Thanks for any
ideas/advice.

Larry Jones