Re: [oletrucks] Points>>>HEI Conversion

To: "Tim Seawolf-Self" <tim@Route66AutoClub.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Points>>>HEI Conversion
From: "Melanie S. Dickey" <mdickey@gorilla.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 21:00:35 -0500
Tim,

  I was working on an old '48 Seagraves FireTruck some time ago. I had
several of the same symptoms. I was really frustrated and couldn't seem
to see the problem. Then I had a friend come over and look at it. A fresh
perspective you know. In just a couple of minutes he pointed to my dist-
ributor/coil and asked why my power and ground wires were reversed. I
looked at it, for the 10001th time, and sure enough that was it. I reversed
the wires and the old lady fired to life.

  (Personal observation: A 600ci, flat head, V12, dual distributers. dual
points per dist. 24 plugs sparking madly, and 3.5" exhausts makes a
great sound. I miss that project.)

  I can't say I know much about HEI, never used one, but maybe there
is something similar in your HEI conversion.

Lonnie