[oletrucks] engine identification

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] engine identification
From: STMSymank@aol.com
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 20:43:07 EDT
I have a pastor in my church who was fiven a 53 chev.  He asked if I knew how
to identify the engine. I said sure , it's usually the greasy thing under the
hood.  I think he wanted something more specific. The church sec. wrote:

Stan, Mark says that the engine # on his old rusty parts truck is 8835911.
It's a GM. It was located between fuel pump and timing belt.

What i'd like to know is where is the timing belt on a 53 chev.  He's a
pastor.He's good at other things.

Thanks for the help
Stan the man
Newberg, or