RE: [oletrucks] Sand Blaster

To: Old Truckers <oletrucks@autox.team.net>, W&D <haist@jps.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Sand Blaster
From: MIKE RAHL <MRAHL@martinmartin.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 07:42:09 -0600
Whitney,

I have a pressure blaster I purchased from Tip several years ago.  I
have had good luck with it.  I am using the 38 special valve from Tip
and am happy with the way it works.  Just make sure you have enough air
to run your blaster.  Use the smallest nozzle you can get away with
without clogging.

I recently blasted a cast iron pot belly stove for my sister.  I used my
brother-in-laws 5.5 hp Sears compressor -- not even close to enough air.
5 hp 2-stage is a requirement.

When the time came to blast the frame on my 56 I hired it out and it was
well worth it.  It was done in a couple of hours.  It probably would've
taken me a couple days of hot-nasty-dusty work to do it myself.

Mike