[oletrucks] Many elementary questions to come

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Many elementary questions to come
From: "Graham Nott" <thenotts@wolfenet.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 09:56:15 -0700
Hi all,

New to the list, I will have a number of basic questions as I rebuild my 46
Chev (ex-dump truck).  Hope y'all don't mind dealing with a newbie.

Anyway. . . I don't know a great deal about the truck except it's a 1946
with dual rears and used to have a dump bed on it.  I drove it out of a
field in eastern Washington with 18K original miles.  After many fantasies
of doing this myself I turned it over to a classic car shop in Tacoma WA.
Long story short. . . I am $21,000 poorer and have nothing but a garage full
of parts. . . (nice parts mind you).  The frame has been powder coated and
mostly what's left to do is re-assembly.  This I am going to try to do
myself (foolish boy).

Can anyone tell me the stock colors for Chev rear suspension parts for that
era?  Leafs, shackles, bolts etc.

Thanks much

Graham
"Chance is irrelevant. . . we WILL succeed"
                                                   --Seven of Nine