RE: [oletrucks] Engine Recommendations

To: gaonarlt@uswest.net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Engine Recommendations
From: MIKE RAHL <MRAHL@martinmartin.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 14:50:07 -0600
Robert,

I wouldn't worry about the availablility of parts for the 235.  They are
still pretty easy to get.  I have the original 235 in my 56 1/2 ton.
The 283 V8 was available for the 58 1/2 ton.  As far as the frame
modifications I believe there are none required.  I think all it takes
is the V8 motor mounts.  Anybody correct me on this?  If the V8 your
friend has is the original motor, it would be a 265.

Also we're neighbors.  I live in Wheat Ridge.

Mike