Re: [oletrucks] Carb probs.

To: wayne sellers <architectmsu@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Carb probs.
From: Bruce Ford <Booomie@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 11:29:22 -0400
I'm not sure exactly what kind of manifold you are running, but you should
be able to get adapter plates for a square bore to spread for just about
any carb manifold combination.  As for carbs, I'm gonna plug what I've been
using in my 79 monte carlo.  I put on an Edelbrock 600 cfm about 7 years
ago, and except for emissions tuning, I haven't touched it.  You can get a
600 cfm with only mechanical secondaries & manual choke, which is what
sounds like you want.  Also, these carbs have no gaskets below the float or
fuel level so you don't get any leaks.  After 7 years mine still has no
leaks and is easy to tune.  Also, they are cheap, which is the best part.
If you want, the Carter is the same exact carb as the Edelbrock, but with
richer jetting.  So either way you are probably getting a dependable carb
that can be put on and forgotten about.

Bruce
79 monte + 59 3/4