Re: [oletrucks] Fuel Pump Rebuild Kits and Frustration

To: "Allen L. Jones" <ALJ@hartcrowser.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Fuel Pump Rebuild Kits and Frustration
From: "Kevin Lake" <lakek@oit.edu>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 14:59:07 -0700
You might take it into your LAPS and just look at other kits.  You might be
able to find something you can modify to meet your needs.  There really
isn't much to go bad in the things other than a diaphragm and the check
valves.  Good luck with it.

Kevin Lake
56 GMC Suburban/napco
----------
> From: Allen L. Jones <ALJ@hartcrowser.com>
> To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Fuel Pump Rebuild Kits and Frustration
> Date: Tuesday, April 27, 1999 2:31 PM
>
> Tried Jim Carter, Napa, Obsolete, Vintage, Chevy Duty, Filling Station,
and 20 others.  They all offer rebuilt ones from a "secret" source and
require a core.  It's weird - it's the first brick wall I've come across in
this 'ol truck stuff.

> When you say "nobody", have you tried Jim Carter's & NAPA?  They seem to
be
> my first likely choices.  And, even though I haven't used them in a long
> time, Obsolete Chevrolet in Nashville, GA might be able to help; they
sold
> me a single 216 cast iron piston (to requested weight, no less) when I
> needed it (I bought a set from an old man locally, & found later that one
> piston was a 235 standard vs. a 216 oversize like the rest).
>
> Regards,
> Doug Pewterbaugh
> dpewter@msn.com
> Denton, TX