[oletrucks] '56 Rockers

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] '56 Rockers
From: FRVT83E@prodigy.com ( MIKE BOTELER)
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 22:48:29, -0500
Has anyone ever installed replacement rocker moldings or complete
steps before?  I would like to know if there is anything I should be
aware of before I start!  I need to do one of each on my sons truck.
For the rocker, should I weld the new piece to the bottom of the step
(after removing old) or butt weld either at the corner or 1/2" in on
the step?  I don't want to warp the existing step!

Will the door posts move/flex when I remove the complete step or will
everything stay in place?  The cab is not mounted on the frame, it is
sitting on the floor it that matters.

Also going to do the inner and outer rear cab corners.  Do I do
outers first or inners?

TIA

Mike B. '56 8400 Wrecker  :)