Re: [oletrucks] Part interchangeability

To: lakek@oit.edu, jslsb@uswest.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Part interchangeability
From: Advdesign1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 1999 08:36:03 EDT
In a message dated 06/20/99 01:34:01 AM Eastern Daylight Time, lakek@oit.edu
writes:

<< if I had to do it all over again, I would look for a
 Hollander rather than buy the one I have.   There was a thread about this a
 few months back, and I think Bob Adler has had experience with both of
 these.  What's your call Bob?

My vote is hOLLANDER.  I have a copy of "Superior Interchange light truck
Manual".  It is very thin,  covers Chev, Dodge, Ford and GMC up to one ton.
107 pages of fairly large type.  I got it from Clasic Motorbooks for $29.95
Plus postage.  It's pretty useles.  Hollander weighs in at about 500 pages
for earlier editions, Packs more info into a page, has cars and trucks,
although earlier editions are light in GMC coverage.  It has lots of part
numbers.  I consider it the best.  I use copies of 1949, 1956, 1966, 1973,
1979, 1988.  The first four mentioned are currently available, each good for
the previous ten years.
  MY CALL IS YOU WASTE YOUR MONEY IF YOU DON'T GET HOLLANDER.  My article in
July-Aug This Old TRuck is on Restoration Sourcebooks.  further Hollander
info there.
Bob ADler