[oletrucks] Cylinder Head Casting numbers

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Cylinder Head Casting numbers
From: "Rich Gallagher" <rgallagrrr@mcn.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 07:22:27 -0600
I think I found a '61 261 head for my Chevy short block 261, but the guy
says to check the casting number that I need for the 261 head.  Are the
casting numbers on the cylinder head the same as the casting numbers on the
blocks?  (I've got inliners' list.)  If not, can anyone point me to a place
where I can find casting numbers for a 61 261 cylinder head?

This is my first post although I have been a member of this list for over a
month.  Boy, you guys really know you stuff!  My son, Adam, and I are
working on our Chevy 1950 1 ton (3800) with duals and a hoist (we're going
to swap the full pressure 261 for the present 216) and also on a 56 Chevy
3200 on which we are doing a frame-up restoration so he can use it as his
daily driver when he gets his license in about 6 months.

Thanks for you help.

Rich Gallagher (Montana)