Re: [oletrucks] Frame Painting Advice

To: "Nelson, Jeff - DTC" <jnelson@paducah.k12.ky.us>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Frame Painting Advice
From: Grant Galbraith <trks@javanet.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 1999 08:15:43 -0400
   I also started out with no painting experience to make a driver, not a show
truck. Along the way it's easy to get carried away and your goals change. When I
look at my completed truck and wish this or that had come out better I have to
remind myself of my original goal.
    Personally I would recommend epoxy primer  top coated with urethane. I find
modern paints have more gloss than original so I use a flattening agent from
PPG. Ask for the specs for 625, it gives ratio's for different amounts of gloss.
I used somewhere around a semi gloss. I painted my frame in the yard jacked way
up on about 4 tires and rims so I could get under easily while spraying. I do
know someone who put his frame on pivots similar to a barbecue spit. He said it
wasn't too hard to do and also made it easy for the sandblasting.

Grant 50 3100