[oletrucks] Quite an adventure yesterday (Long, but good.)

To: old-chevy-truck@onelist.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Quite an adventure yesterday (Long, but good.)
From: VIKINGHILL@aol.com
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 10:53:05 EDT
Hi all,
Yesterday as I was returning from a physical for my new job, I stopped by a
place that I had seen a few years earlier, that had a 53 COE cab.  The man
was a little cold at first, and didn't want to talk until I told him that I
had a 47-2 truck. After this point it was hard to get him to be quiet :^ ) .
 He showed me around his place and showed me his pride and joy's a couple of
'55, '56, '57 chevy 150's and a bellair. ( he has been drag racing them for
30+ years.  (he has a '56 vette that has a 283 with 270 hp. that has been
clocked at 178+ mph. at the bonneville salt flats.)  His '57 does 143 mph in
the mile.  ANYWAY, he also has trucks!  He has a couple for sale that would
make EXCELLENT car haulers and some others that are just plain cool.  I am
not in this to make any $, but he has some good stuff and when I told him
about the "Lists" he told me he hated computers, but with a gleen in his eye
he admitted that it was because he had no time.  He has no computer or Email,
and his phone is still a rotary type, but he asked me to pass these along:

*'46 1.5 ton (late 235) a little rough but all there, all glass there, but
drivers door was broken. Body has surface rust, a few small dings and dents,
but nothing bad.
-$500 (yes, $500).

*'57 COE 1.5 ton (late 235) long wheel base, 16', looks good, hasn't tried to
start, but it's all there.
-$1250 (good deal, he is pretty sure that it runs.)

*'58 1 ton 12 ft bed dullay rear chrome wheels front and back, 6cly, not sure
if original, VERY NICE. This truck looks like it rolled off the assembly line
on the inside.  The paint on the ouside is verry good with only a few
scratches.  This realy looks good.
-He wants $3000, but he also has a dulley bed for a late model truck that
will fit it if you do not want the stake bed.  The stake bed is in GOOD
condition.

*He also has a NEW 302 L-6 for a GMC  this engine was intended to be put into
a yacht, so all the electrical is sealed! the engine has never had oil in it.
 It was manufactured in 1964.  It will need a few mods, but it is beautiful,
it has an updraft carb set up.  and the exhaust namiold is slightly different
than what i would expect.
-$1250 -like i said, great!

He has a number you can try, (770) 382-3448-Good luck. try him late at night.
 His adress is:
Forrest Shropshire
56 shropshire lane
Cartersville, Ga. 30120.

I would also be willing to act as an intermediary if needs be.
Take care,
Casey