[oletrucks] Third member question

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Third member question
From: SBOHNAK@aol.com
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 12:37:51 EDT
In my quest to upgrade my GMC 55 2nd, I want to replace my 4:51 stock rearend
with a more suitable highway speed unit to run with my 350/400 setup.
I've heard of using a Camaro rear end, but it may pose some width problems. A
builder in Turlock told me a great unit was a F*** (sorry to use that brand)
Maverick 8" rear member.  Has anyone heard of this and would the 8" handle
the power.

Also heard someone using a Lincoln Versalles rear end.  It has the rear disc
brakes, but the downside is that parts are very hard to find and if you do
find them, take out a loan.

Would appreciate any help.

Steve B  GMC 55 2nd