Re: [oletrucks] Welding/Welder Question

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Welding/Welder Question
From: soundex@eden.com (craig k)
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 23:44:27 -0600
>Does anyone have any experience with the stitch welder and the spot
>welder that Eastwood or JC Whitney sells?  These hook up to a standard
>arc welder and use the lower amperages to weld sheet metal.

I have these - while they work, they require quite a bit of finesse... at
least w/ my Lincoln crackerbox.
Even halving the amps is too much for most work.  i did manage to weld in a
new window frame on a VW with the stitch, and made some pretty good spot
welds, but if you have the dough, go for GMAW or TMAW ( a step up from
MIG).

I bought the Eastwood stuff because I had a crackerbox, and didn't have
2000 bux.

I have been using a borrowed MIG with CO2 and the SMALLEST wire they make;
have been told by my welding buddy that TMAW and argon would be better. I
told him to go away :)

craig
caretaker of
stephanie's 50 3104 216 5-window deluxe