Re: [oletrucks] Oil pump priming

To: antonio@innercite.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Oil pump priming
From: Advdesign1@aol.com
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 06:01:04 EDT
<<
 I was priming the Oil Pump in a '57 235 engine by removing the
 distributor and inserting a flat blade screwdriver, I noticed that the
 pump does not give any resistance, >>

You need a long screwdriver bit chucked into an electric drill.  It will take
about 500 rpm to register pressure on your gauge.  Remove valve cover to
confirm oil to the rocker arms.  When oil drips out of there it has
circulated everywhere else.  You can see one or two rockers thru the oil fill
hole if you don't wnat to pull valve cover.  You will hear drill slow down
when it starts pumping oil.

Bob ADler