[oletrucks] Wow, I finally have a tuck project to do...

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Wow, I finally have a tuck project to do...
From: Passnb4U@aol.com
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 18:32:01 EDT
  I've just returned fomr the pickNpull here (BTW, they have a '58 or '59
front clip if anyone in the Bay Area is looking for one, hood and fenders
look real good), anyway pulled a power brake setup and swing pedal assy. from
a '68 or '69 Chevy PU, only damn truck in the whole yard (including the
off-brand ones) that had a manual tranny in it, gonna be a little fabricating
under the dash, but I'll make it work.  I got everything, swing pedal assy.,
power booster, master cyl, residual valve.

  The truck I git it from had a i6 in it, looks too small (by the valve cover
anyways) to be a 292, but it had the Alt brackets, got'em, so looks like I
don't need to fabricate anything when I swap over from the generator.

  Also got a double waterpump pully and a fan, didn't have a wheel puller or
I'd have gotten the harmonic balacer for the double pulley's, I don't think
mine has a double pulley, been so  long since I looked at it.

  Well, gotta go to Tahoe this weekend, so next weekend will be a marathon
truck one, I finished setting up a new rearend for the '59 last weekend and
will install it, and hopefully the power  brake and swing pedal assy. for the
clutch too.  Just gotta get time to rebuild the M/C next week, might just opt
for a new one.

  Feels good to do something instead of just drive'em.

  P.S. if noone hears of an update from me in the next few weeks, it means I
"hit the big one" at Ceasers this weekend.

  Aw hell, you'll hear from me.