Toilet Paper Filter (was Re: [oletrucks] Need Air Filters Elements)

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Toilet Paper Filter (was Re: [oletrucks] Need Air Filters Elements)
From: Michael Snow <mwsnow@home.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 20:52:50 -0700
jack halton wrote:

> How about a roll of toilet paper as an oil filter element? I am not making
> this up! It was a fairly popular aftermarket accessory in the '50s. I even
> have an old catalog from a speed shop that has an ad for it - It was called
> the "RETLIF" multi-coil filter adapter kit.
>
> Jack / Winter Park FL

<snip>

I have one of those toilet paper filters.  It is a Frantz.  My
father in law swears by the things.  I am doubtful of their value
in a modern engine, but I think they have some potential in the
partial oil filtering system of the 235.  Common wisdom says to
use only single ply toilet paper, the coarser the better.

Mike Snow
1953 3100