[oletrucks] GMC 270 ID

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] GMC 270 ID
From: "Keith Breuer" <kbreuer@sgi.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 1999 02:01:27 -0400
Hi All,

I have a GMC 270 in 1947 Chevy 3/4 ton and I was wondering when
it was manufactured. Where do I look? I have determined from the
number on the block and the Inliners International web site that it
was made between 1955 and 1962. Can anybody help me?

I am also putting together a web page of technical information
concerning the 270.  Nothing you can't find in old MOTORS and
GMC Maintenance manuals, but more info than I could find when I
first started looking on the web for information about it. So if you
have a  table or something with how to ID when 270s were made,
I'd like to get a copy of it so I can put that information on the site.

One more thing, if any of you 270 guys would like to check it out
and see how accurate the information is, I'd greatly appreciate it.
The link is listed below.

Thanks

Keith Breuer
kbreuer@sgi.net