Re: [oletrucks] splash oiler

To: Kurt L Anderson <k.l.anderson@juno.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] splash oiler
From: Grant Galbraith <trks@javanet.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 12:58:34 -0400
    You have opened a can of worms with this question, I'll stick my neck
out. I am sure there will be some other opinions.
   I have run across far too may 216's with rod's knocking to be comfortable
with the babbit bearings for a daily driver. I also like to run it up to
around 4K now and then to check out the power band. If originality is
important to you, insert bearings can be installed in your 216. California
Bill Fisher talked about the splash oiler's in his book. He raced them, used
one in the books dyno test and found no reason whey they wouldn't hold up.
Some of his tests were with nitro-methane @ 5000 RPM. The engine in the test
was a high torque 235 with insert bearings and splash oiling.

Grant 50 3100